Idea - Sustainability
Idea’s Sustainability Journey
Idea’s sustainability journey started a few years ago and our first Sustainability Report, for the year 2016, encapsulates our efforts. The report showcases our achievements in line with the Aditya Birla Group’s three pillars of sustainability: Responsible Stewardship, Stakeholder Engagement, and Future Proofing.
The report offers a comprehensive roadmap for the future and defines targets up to FY2021. It is based on G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, and so, follows the highest international standards for sustainability reporting. It explores Idea’s journey, as we strive to achieve national and international standards as a responsible business. It delves into the company’s tryst with creating a positive social and environmental impact while pursuing high levels of growth.
Here are a few highlights from the report.
- In 2016, over 19% Idea-owned telecom towers were operated by hybrid power, reducing carbon dioxide emissions by 52,000 tons per annum.
- Reconfigured sites further reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 62,000 tons.
- 90% servers are virtualised across data centres, resulting in power consumption reducing by 1/3rd of the total amount.
- There were zero cases of child labour and zero human rights violations in 2016.
- Approximately 62,572 man-days of training were conducted in 2016.
- The company saw 100% compliance with EMF norms.
- Our CSR activities impacted 9 states, 33 districts and 3,250 villages. We were able to provide support for education, healthcare and sanitation.
- Idea holds the #1 position in C-SAT (Customer Satisfaction) scores.
- Idea Money operations expanded to 2 million customers, thereby furthering Idea’s mission of facilitating digital financial empowerment.
At Idea, our sustainability measures extend to all partners and suppliers as per the Code of Conduct. Idea’s sustainability roadmap and execution covers 13 of 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). These goals serve as a benchmark for responsible businesses across the world.
To read the full Idea Sustainability Report, 2016, Click Here