Part of the Aditya Birla Group, Idea Cellular is truly India's first multinational corporation. As a pan-India integrated GSM operator, we are proud to offer 2G, 3G and 4G services that are backed by our own NLD and ILD operations and ISP license.
A cut above the rest
An annual revenue that exceeds $5 billion makes Idea one of the top three mobile operators in the country. Our excellent service has given us a 19% share of the market, which translates to almost 200 million subscribers. In the global ranking of operators, Idea Cellular holds an impressive 6th place with reference to its subscribers as a company with single-country operations.
Helping India go digital
In an effort to assist the Government’s vision of Digital India, Idea has doubled its efforts. With strong broadband coverage that spans the length and breadth of the country, we have made our entry into digital services by launching a suite of digital entertainment apps. With Idea Music Lounge, Idea Movie Club and Idea Game Spark, we have set in motion our transformation from a mobile operator to an enhanced digital services and solutions provider.
In the near future, Idea aims to widen its reach by building expert operations in areas of digital communication, digital payments, cloud storage, digital information and more.
Idea on a roll
Our vast, intricate network covers over 4,00,000 towns and villages across the country. But there’s no stopping here. We are striving to enhance our infrastructure to reach out to over a billion Indians with our high-speed mobile broadband services. Idea already has to its credit a quick 4G roll-out. Over 1 lakh broadband sites have been added in the past two years, thereby extending Idea’s broadband coverage to over 1.2 lakh towns and villages across the country. Idea has also set up a fibre network that runs over 1.5 lakh kms.
Armed with technology, driven by customer service
Idea prioritises the need to use the latest in technology to provide top-notch services. We also pride ourselves on our excellent customer service that is deployed through an extensive customer outreach network. These touch points comprise exclusive Idea outlets, call centres, our app and social media presence. Idea’s unwavering drive to offer superior customer service has been recognised at several forums.
Forrester, a trusted market research company that specialises in the impressions of technology, has awarded Idea 1st place in its Customer Service Index (2016). Moreover, we’re proud to be the only wireless service provider whose services have been rated as ‘good’ by the esteemed company.
Accolades, awards and recognition
Idea has been at the receiving end of national and international recognition.
- We won the prestigious Voice & Data Telecom Leadership Awards, 2017, under internet and broadband services, marketing, network security, VAS and apps, and business process innovation categories for various successful initiatives and deployments.
- We won the prestigious ET Telecom Award, 2017, for Best Enterprise Mobility Solution.
- We were awarded the Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Social Responsibility. Our CSR efforts were recognised as the best among all Indian Telecom Companies.
- Idea was conferred with the title of the Best Company of the Year 2015 at India Business Leader Awards by CNBC.
- We are also listed among the top 25 companies, in the Business Today ‘Best Companies to Work For’ Survey.
- Business Today awarded Idea Cellular’s MD, Himanshu Kapania, the Best CEO of the Year award in 2015.